In this episode of the DadPOD, I interview Mitch Temple, Executive Director of the Fatherhood CoMission and driver behind a big Father’s Day event coming to churches and laptops around the country on June 14. Mitch was the director of Marriage and Family for Focus on the Family prior to leaving that job in the prime of his career to move back “home” and take care of his ailing father. Mitch then branched out on his own in faith and has been promoting movies like Courageous, October Baby and Not Today, counseling married couples who are struggling in their marriage and leading the Fatherhood CoMission, a gathering of leading ministries committed to carrying out the message of the movie Courageous that we need more men to step up and lead their homes, churches and communities with conviction, commitment and courage.
During this DadPOD program we discuss:
- His leaving Focus on the Family in the prime of his career and job he loved to honor his dad by moving closer to him to take care of him
- Issues men face that keep them from fulfilling God’s plan for them in their homes, churches and communities.
- Keys for dads to embrace as they enter various stages of fatherhood
- The creation of the Fatherhood CoMission
- The upcoming Father’s Day weekend event for men/father, Courageous Dads, June 14. It’s a simulcast that men can purchase individually or bring to their church for groups of men to watch and participate. More information can be found at http://www.courageousdads.com
- His highlights of being a dad and husband
- Mitch provides a tribute to his father who is still alive but not doing well physically. It’s a great tribute to a dad who took the cards he was dealt and decided to be a better father to his family and Mitch was the beneficiary of that courageous and intentional effort.
NEED A SLIDESHOW TO MUSIC TO MAKE A SPECIAL EVENT MEMORABLE?
Have a BIG EVENT coming up in your life? Let SLIDESHOW MEMORIES help you make the event a memory by creating a fun, creative and memorable slideshow (set to music if desired). Find out more about packages and pricing (it’s really affordable) by sending an email to [email protected] for more information (packages available, song choices, lead time to create, etc. JUST CLICK THIS LINK TO OPEN YOUR EMAIL
Information and Links related to todays Podcast:
- Courageous Dads simulcast on Father’s Day weekend–June 14.
- The Marriage Turnaround, by Mitch Temple.
- The Fatherhood CoMIssion website
- Mitch Temple’s website, http://www.mitchtempleonline.com (marriage intensives)
- Robertson McQuilkin story
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening.
Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show!
Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already, I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful!
Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below:
More From the DadPad
- DadPOD 010: Fatherhood 101: A Documentary–An interview with Marquette Williams, filmmaker & writer
- Courageous Dads ARE Needed! Including link to Eric Metaxas BreakPoint piece-Be a Heroic Dad
- Did you Dance, Dad? Leaving Your Legacy
- DadPOD Episode 009: How Much is a Minute Worth?
- A Review of Manhood Restored, New book by Dr. Eric Mason