In this episode of the DadPOD, my guest is Wes Yoder. Wes is the President of Ambassador Agency. Wes was instrumental in launching Christian contemporary music in Nashville, TN. He is also an author and speaker. Wes’ book, Bond of Brothers: Connecting with Other Men beyond Work, Weather and Sports is a unique book focused on why men struggle in relating to each other and how the church has struggled to engage men in meaningful ways. It’s a great read (and through Father’s Day 2013 it’s on sale as an eBook for $3.99). Wes grew up in Lancaster, PA on a farm in an Amish/Mennonite community. That time on the farm made a big impression on him and how he learned (or not) to communicate his feelings and what he was experiencing. Wes is a fantastic story teller and you’ll truly enjoy listening to his wisdom and some stories about his father, some work issues he experienced and the message he has for men that addresses issues not typically addressed in the typical men’s ministry groups.
During this DadPOD program we discuss:
- The impact Wes’ mom and dad had on his upbringing and the lessons he took with him from a dad who loved him and taught him well.
- The place that sorrow and suffering have in our lives to draw us closer into relationships with each other and with the Lord
- A business deal gone bad that could have easily embittered Wes but instead he allowed the experience to help him grow.
- How meeting around a dinner table is a biblical formula for gathering and fellowshipping.
- Stories about his father that taught him lessons he’s used throughout his life
- We are giving away 5 of Wes’ book, Bond of Brothers. Simply click the book image below, send the pre-populated tweet with the hashtag #dadpodgiveaway and your in. Winners will be announced on the next DadPOD episode.
- Wes shares a tribute about his father.
- Jeff gives a tribute to his dad for Father’s Day
Information and Links related to todays Podcast:
- Wes Yoder’s book, Bond of Brothers
- Ambassador Literary Agency and Speakers Bureau
- WIN 1 of 5 COPIES OF BOND OF BROTHERS BY CLICKING THE BOOK COVER IMAGE BELOW AND SENDING THE TWEET
NEED A SLIDESHOW SET TO MUSIC TO MAKE A SPECIAL EVENT MEMORABLE?
Have a BIG EVENT coming up in your life? Let SLIDESHOW MEMORIES help you make the event a memory by creating a fun, creative and memorable slideshow (set to music if desired). Find out more about packages and pricing (it’s really affordable) by sending an email to [email protected] for more information (packages available, song choices, lead time to create, etc. JUST CLICK THIS LINK TO OPEN YOUR EMAIL
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening. Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show! Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already, I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful! Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below: