In this episode of the DadPOD, I interview Chase Rackley. Chase is a recent graduate of Ouachita Baptist University, works for his step father in a marketing position and has started his own marketing agency, Positive Investment here in Little Rock, AR. Chase grew up in a blended family. Not very unique in the times we live in but he was influenced in such a positive way by the impact his step dad had on his life that I thought he would be a great interview for the listeners of DadPOD to hear. Chase’s stepfather, Larry, took him and his brother Chandler into his home after marrying their mother. He loved them as his own, eventually had two additional children with Joy, Chase’s mother, and then they adopted three children from abroad. A very blended family indeed. Listen to Chase talk about how growing up in a blended family was all based on the influence of his stepfather. His stepfather, Larry, had a key influence on the development of Chases’ faith, his maturing and helping Chase to take the baton into his upcoming marriage and life as a young leader, man and soon to be husband.
During this DadPOD program we discuss:
- The challenges of growing up with two families–blended family
- The power of a step father to impact his new family
- The things that Larry (stepfather) did with Chase to challenge, teach and show his love for him.
- Chase’s relationship with his biological father
- His excitement over his upcoming wedding
- How to use Love Languages to speak to your siblings, friends and how he uses it to show his fiance he loves her.
Information and Links related to todays Podcast:
- Passport to Purity–a resource by FamilyLife to help a mom/daughter and father/son discuss issues like peer pressure, dating and sex during the pre-teen years. It helps to develop a game plan for moving into these challenging areas of being a teen.
- Men’s Fraternity – a men’s resource to help small groups of men deal with various past hurts, wounds and baggage. But, more than simply identifying that there are issues, Men’s Fraternity helps you create a game plan to deal with them and live a healthy manhood.
- Downline discipleship program
- The 5 Love Languages:
NEED A SLIDESHOW SET TO MUSIC TO MAKE A SPECIAL EVENT MEMORABLE?
Have a BIG EVENT coming up in your life? Let SLIDESHOW MEMORIES help you make the event a memory by creating a fun, creative and memorable slideshow (set to music if desired). Find out more about packages and pricing (it’s really affordable) by sending an email to [email protected] for more information (packages available, song choices, lead time to create, etc. JUST CLICK THIS LINK TO OPEN YOUR EMAIL
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening. Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show! Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already, I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful! Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below: