In this episode of the DadPOD, we get a behind the scenes look at Bob Lepine whom I had the privilege of interviewing. Bob is usually on the other side of the microphone as the Co-Host (with Dennis Rainey) of FamilyLife Today, a radio program that’s been on the air for more than 20 years and airs on hundreds of stations around the country. But, on this episode he shares personal information about his family, his relationship with his dad, the legacy he wants to leave and other wisdom gleaned from more than 40 years in radio, as a husband, father and leader.
In addition to his role as the co-host of FamilyLife Today, Bob is also an executive leader at FamilyLife, has served on the board of the National Religious Broadcasters for a number of years, pastors a growing church in Little Rock, has written a book called the Christian Husband, is married and has 5 adult children, scattered around the country.
Bob is a great story teller and you’ll get a chance to experience that as you listen to him discuss various issues about his marriage, being a father, his relationship with his dad, how he got into broadcasting, and he shares the legacy he’d like to leave for his children and beyond. And, he provides a little movie recommendation at the end of the podcast. You’ll enjoy this episode (in the words of the guy from Men’s Wearhouse)…I Guarantee it.
During this DadPOD program we discuss:
- The 2 things that played a key role in how Bob fathered his children: His father and being a camp counselor
- Some “regrets” he has about things he wish he had done differently when his kids were younger
- The idea of developing a “strategic” plan for each of your children
- Bob’s journey in radio over a nearly 40 year career; his love for listening to the top 40 hits and charts, who he listened to growing up and other “radio moments” 😉
- Some of his favorite moments on radio and FamilyLife Today.
- The recent Supreme Court decisions around the issue of same-sex marriage and how we should approach that issue when talking to others about it as Christ followers
- His video production work the last few years on two major projects, The Art of Marriage and Stepping Up
- Spiritual leadership and living above “reproach”
- Sin Concealers and Sin avoiders to Sin Confessors and Sin Repenters
- 2 Things men need to stay faithful and grow in their faith
- Putting on your H.A.T.
- How he came to write the book, The Christian Husband
- What kind of legacy does he want to leave his children, grand children and beyond.
- Bob’s tribute to his father who passed away 25 years ago
- Bonus: Movie recommendation
Information and Links related to todays Podcast:
- Passport to Purity–a resource by FamilyLife to help a mom/daughter and father/son discuss issues like peer pressure, dating and sex during the pre-teen years. It helps to develop a game plan for moving into these challenging areas of being a teen.
- Stepping Up – Now is the time to help men take courageous steps toward godly manhood. Draw from the wisdom of renowned men’s ministry leaders and teachers. Build relationships based on honor and godliness, and make a real difference.
- The Art of Marriage – The Art of Marriage Event is a video experience designed for church and community settings. The Art of Marriage Event consists of six video sessions typically held on a Friday night and Saturday. These videos combine dramatic stories, real-life testimonies, expert interviews, humorous vignettes and other teaching methods to lay out God’s design for marriage in a fresh, engaging way.
- The Christian Husband – book by Bob Lepine, “FamilyLife Today cohost Bob Lepine takes men deeper into what it means to be a truly Christlike husband. Providing a clear explanation of the spiritual priorities for any godly husband, he supplies practical pointers for making real-life changes. Readers will learn exactly what God expects from them according to biblical principles—not cultural fads. Discover the advice and teachings offered by Bob Lepine and other men who are seeking to follow the divine call of God—to truly be a Christian husband and learn how to put it into practice.” (from Amazon)
- FamilyLife Today
- Mark Driscoll’s admonition of the men in his church that are abusive to the women in their lives – This is the entire message of Marriage and Men from Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church in Seattle. But, the place where he loses it in anger toward men who are abusive to their wives/girlfriends is the last 7 minutes of the video.
- John and Donna Bishop, FamilyLife Today episode
- Redeemer Church in Little Rock – the church that Bob Lepine pastors.
- National Religious Broadcasters
NEED A SLIDESHOW SET TO MUSIC TO MAKE A SPECIAL EVENT MEMORABLE?
Have a BIG EVENT coming up in your life? Let SLIDESHOW MEMORIES help you make the event a memory by creating a fun, creative and memorable slideshow (set to music if desired). Find out more about packages and pricing (it’s really affordable) by sending an email to [email protected] for more information (packages available, song choices, lead time to create, etc. JUST CLICK THIS LINK TO OPEN YOUR EMAIL
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening. Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show! Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already,
Show Some iTunes Love
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful! Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below: