In this episode of the DadPOD, I had the privilege of interviewing one of the hottest commodities with regard to online entrepreneurship, writing and blogging– Jeff Goins. Jeff is the author of a book, Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable , and has a new book coming out soon, The In-Between. All of his success as an author began through success he developed as a blogger on his site, GoinsWriter.com. And that success happened when he finally understood one thing and it changed his entire approach to writing. Once he realized he WAS a writer, he started acting like a writer. Jeff’s blog/website is focused on helping people become better writers/bloggers. His site has been consistently ranked in the top 10 blogs for Writers. Additionally, Jeff has been a featured guest on a number of popular blogs such as BlogcastFM with Srinivas Rao and many others (as identified on his website, Jeff Goins Media page). Jeff is articulate, engaging and wise beyond his youthful age. You’ll enjoy this podcast. I did.
During this DadPOD program we discuss:
- Lessons Jeff learned from his dad and how his dad taught him by example:
- Have integrity
- Be honest
- Do your best always
- Use your creativity
- The challenges of leaving a “day” job and launch into an entrepreneurial adventure by starting his own online business, including become an author and publishing some books.
- His favorite restaurant in Chicago (guess which one it was).
- Things that he’s concerned about that will influence his sons in the next few years of growing up.
- The value of friends that will come alongside you and help you become better than you are alone.
- The myths of mentoring- what does it really mean to be a mentor and to be mentored?
- How do you raise up children in a hyper-connected world so that they understand the benefit of online engagement as well as the dangers and potential misplaced relationships where we settle for an online relationship over a face-to-face one.
- What annoys Jeff about social connection?
- His 2 books…the first one he published, Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable and his upcoming release, The In-Between, available for pre-order now
- The legacy he hopes he leaves to his children.
- The living tribute he gives to his father.
Information and Links related to todays Podcast:
- Jeff’s website/blog: GoinsWriter.com
- Jeff Goins’ first book: Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into Your
- Jeff Goins’ upcoming book: The In-Between, available for pre-order now
- Gino’s East Pizza 😀
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening. Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show! Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already,
Show Some iTunes Love
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful! Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below: