In this episode of the DadPOD, Brad Silverman, the director and writer of a new film coming out in October (opening weekend is October 4-6, 2013) called Grace Unplugged. Grace Unplugged is a prodigal daughter/father story. It’s the story of a family where the father and daughter are on the worship team together. The father (James Denton), is a former one-hit rock star. Now, he sings as the worship leader at his church. His daughter (AJ Michalka) is an aspiring singer herself and is trying to find herself with her singing, career and in her key relationships, namely with her dad and with God. To see how all that plays out, well, you’ll need to go see it on opening weekend and a friendly, neighborhood theater near you :). To find out where it is playing go to www.graceunplugged.com/tickets.
Here’s a trailer from the film to give you a taste of what Grace Unplugged is about
Check out Grace Unplugged. Bring youth groups, worship teams, church groups, businesses, etc. If you have or know of someone who has experienced a wayward child, this movie will help you as you deal with that grief or help you help another family. Well scripted and acted, I really feel you’ll enjoy Grace Unplugged and my interview with Brad Silverman. I will also be reviewing the movie on my DadPad blog the last week of September.
During this DadPOD program Brad Silverman and I talk about:
- Brad’s inspiration for the film
- Brad’s journey to filmmaking and his desert experience in the middle of his career.
- How overt should the Gospel be in faith based films? How did he decide what to include and what to let the movie speak to?
- his father and Brad shares some thoughts about his dad and the influence he had on Brad’s love for film. His dad died a number of years ago but Brad was able to share things he would tell his dad if he was here.
- The importance of supporting faith based films, especially ones that are well made, well acted and provide a culturally relevant message of hope and inspiration in a sea of movies that do none of the above.
- how YOU can catch Grace Unplugged opening weekend, October 4-6, 2013.
Information and Links related to todays Podcast
- Grace Unplugged’s movie website page for promotional resources, tickets, theaters, videos, etc.
- Grace Unplugged’s Facebook page to follow
- Grace Unplugged’s Twitter account to follow
Well, we have another giveaway on the DadPOD. I’ve got to stop interviewing people who write books or movies :). Seriously, I’m excited to be able to give some goodies from Grace Unplugged away, including the GRAND PRIZE of two tickets to the opening weekend at a theater of your choice. That’s right. Additionally we will have some other resources to give away. Currently, the amount of resources available to give away hasn’t been determined but we will draw as many names as we have prizes and you will be notified if you win and what you won. At a minimum you will be entered to win the TWO FREE GRACE UNPLUGGED MOVIE TICKETS just by entering. Simply click the Grace Unplugged image below and complete the form! That’s it. You’ll be registered to win at least the movie tickets as well as other gifts from the movie.
LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, CONNECT
We hope you are enjoying the DadPOD, a podcast for guys like us, every day men and dads. Until next DadPOD, thanks for listening. Please share this episode by sharing a Tweet to your followers (click the Twitter logo below), posting a link to your Facebook page or Pinterest, etc.
Question or Feedback? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and praise is absolutely welcome!), feel free to leave a comment by clicking on the Send Voicemail red tab on the right of the page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I’ll feature you and your question on the show! Thank you all for checking out this session of the DadPOD podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already,
Show Some iTunes Love
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick (and honest) rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful! Subscribe to iTunes and Make your review to help us gain recognition by clicking the button below: